Before Anything You Say
Darkling Pictures Inc.
Writer / Deborah Schnitzer
Feature Film/ Drama / Colour
Weaving through Paris and Winnipeg, a married couple struggle to maintain their love and marriage even as a life-altering decision threatens to tear them apart.
When Isobel’s husband Jack announces his intent to pursue a job that would require him to live in Bangkok for five years working against human trafficking, he assumes she will follow, leaving her life and career behind. However, Isobel is not prepared to follow blindly. Hurt and feeling misunderstood by one other, they attempt to reconcile their lives and love in Paris while Jack attends business meetings and in their dream home in Winnipeg. Both struggle with a desire to care for others without being aware of their inability to care for each other, refusing to give up despite themselves and despite the world around them.
Screening in Competition:
- Official selection Madrid International Film Festival, Madrid, Spain, July 2017
- Official selection, International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema BERLIN, Berlin, Germany, September/October 2017
- La Femme International Film Festival, Los Angeles, USA, October 2017
- Official selection, International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema MILAN, Milan, Italy, November / December 2017
- Official selection, London International Filmmaker Festival, London, UK , February 2018
- Official selection, Nice International Film Festival, Nice, France, May 2018
- Official selection, Gimli Film Festival, Gimli, Manitoba, July, 2018
- Official selection, Amsterdam International Film Festival, Amsterdam, Netherlands, August, 2018
- Best Editing of a Feature Film, MADRID International Film Festival, Madrid, Spain, July 2017
- Best Lead Actress of a Feature Film, International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema BERLIN, Berlin, Germany, September/October 2017
- Best Director of a Feature Film and Best Cinematography of a Feature Film, International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema MILAN, Milan, Italy, November / December 2017
- The Best Manitoba Director Award, presented by the Directors Guild of Canada, Manitoba District Council, for Before Anything You Say, Gimli Film Festival, July 2018
Directed & Produced by
Ousama Rawi, B.S.C., C.S.C.
Eric van Mil
Julian van Mil
Second Assistant Director
Copyright ©2016 Darkling Pictures